Tuesday 16 August 2011

Making Monday: Husband socks

I'm joining in with Natalie's making monday for the first time. Despite lots of work, wrangling children and cleaning the kitchen yesterday, I managed to finish the husband socks (only 4 months after the actual birthday), and DH seems to be quite pleased! As I often do, I combined two yarns to make the socks stripe and to make the best of the yarn in my stash. It's one of my favourite sock knitting techniques...


Pattern: generic top down socks
yarn: Regia solid (charcoal); unknown sock yarn from a charity shop (paler grey with blue)

DH doesnt go in for very colourful socks (his entire sock wardrobe is grey or black!), so I like the subtle blue flecks here...



As you can see from the picture below, I use this striping technique a lot. Four of the nine pairs here (all below the purple ones) are striped like this, and I've got another pair on the needles at the moment...! If you are interested in these things: the green pairs of socks are made with Yarn Yard yarn as is the rainbow pair (second from top). The blue/green pairs above and below the purple socks are made with Crazy zauberball yarn. The purple socks are Jenny Cook yarn which I had for Christmas. The other pairs are scrappy pairs I made using various combinations of leftovers. I blogged about the grey/green/white ones earlier in the summer. I love seeing my socks together like this (there are a few other pairs too), washed and dried and ready to go back into the drawer...


No comments:

Post a Comment