It's been a loooooong time coming - I think I started it in May 2012, but the bean and I both agreed that it is now big enough.
There are a few ends to see to, but that shouldn't take more than one evening.... Apart from one ball of Rowan handknit cotton - it was made entirely from the stash, gobbling up almost 1kg of yarn in the process. The navy yarn is reclaimed from an old cricket sweater of mine which I made about 20 years ago(!) I held the yarn double to compensate for its age and diameter... It's not perfect by any means, but that won't affect its comfort and warmth giving properties. The bean seems to approve, and quickly tried it out for size.